In the event of a car accident, it’s easy to believe that you can rely on the guidance of your car insurance company. While they may be able to help you with some things, while appearing to be on your side, this is very rarely the case.
Simply put, it’s a challenge to communicate with and trust an insurance company during this difficult time. If you assume that your agent is on your side, you may come to find that you aren’t getting the respect you deserve at every turn of the road.
Unfortunately, there are many car insurance claim mistakes that could make things even more difficult on you. Here are several that you need to avoid at all costs:
- Never provide a written or recorded statement, as this can work against you at some point in the future
- Don’t accept the first estimate that you receive, as insurance companies will throw you a low ball offer with the hope of making you go away as quickly as possible
- Never sign a waiver unless you know what it says, as it could complicate matters from a legal perspective
- A check that is noted as “final” means just that: If you accept the money, you won’t be able to fight for more in the future
- Don’t overlook the time limits, such as how long you have to make a claim
Along with the above, here’s one more thing to remember: You have a contract with your car insurance company, as you have been paying for coverage. There is no reason to let your insurance provider off the hook. They are obligated to live up to the terms and conditions of the contract.
As long as you are able to avoid these common car insurance claim mistakes, you’ll find it easier to deal with the aftermath of an accident. Subsequently, you can receive treatment and seek the compensation you deserve, all without any additional stress. In the end, it’s all about understanding your policy and legal rights.